God’s providence led to a transformation…
We learned that when God calls, don’t ignore, for you will never understand the meaning of God throwing open the floodgates of heaven and pouring out bountiful blessings.
The Adventist Community Services project was a leap into the unknown but because God said it, we do it and do it we did. The moment we said Yes, Lord! the floodgates of heaven opened up.
The search for a suitable location for an Adventist Community Services Center in southern Penang Island where there is no Adventist work started late 2016. By divine providence, an ideal location with an unbelievable rental price was offered.
Thereafter, start-up funds were willingly donated. Many church members rose to the occasion in sharing their time and effort in cleaning up and painting the new center. 15 Literature Evangelists were the first to enjoy the use of the rejuvenated center in June, 2017.
God further blessed the project with funds from PEM(Peninsular Malaysia Mission) for the ACSC(Adventist Community Services Center) as a COI(Center of Influence) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Penang.
We are still counting our blessings:-
1. July 9th. 2017 was clear and beautiful at the center while it rained at other parts of the island.
2. We had the opening of the Adventist Community Services Center, (the very first official community center in the whole of Malaysia), graced by GC Health Director, Dr. Peter Landless, SSD Health Director, Ms. Lelha, SAUM ACS Director, Dr. Richard Berson and Penang State Assemblyman Dato Haji Abdul Malik bin Kassim.
3. We were privileged to have AMM(Adventist Medical Mission) team help out with our free health screening event. The turn out was overwhelming with 205 participants.
4. We had TMI(Total Membership Involvement), young and old from our churches.
5. 30 participants turned up for our weekly Win! Wellness Health lectures cum food demonstration follow-up.
Jesus mingled….So must we…Matthew 9:10 – “And it came to passed, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.”
Our Mission is “To win people for Jesus Christ by unitedly sharing and reflecting His love through the 3 angles’ messages especially as He is coming soon.”
Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory because of your love and faithfulness.” (Psalms )115:1
To Jesus we give thanks!!!